Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sweet Dreams

Last night I woke up in a panic thinking a bug had crawled in my mouth.  I could feel it there lodged up on the roof of my palate.  Horrified and still mostly asleep, I sat straight up and began spitting frantically onto the sheet. 

This morning I woke up, and after about an hour I remembered this incident.  God, did a bug actually crawl in my mouth?!  It wouldn't entirely shock me, but it was not a pleasant thought.

I poured myself a bowl of Golden Grahams and sat down on the bed.  Reached up to scratch my arm.  Stuck there, right near my elbow, was a sliver of red Ricola cough drop.  Leaning over, I found the evidence needed to ease my worried mind - several spots of pink scattered around the sheet near my pillow.

The dreaded bug?  Merely a mischievous cough drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment