Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's up, Crankyface?

I'm rarely cranky.  At least on the outside.  Sometimes I'm cranky on the inside but most people wouldn't know.  Today was one of those cranky on the inside days.

Nothing particularly bad happened.  It was a lovely, snowy, picturesque day, in fact. 

Just tired.  One too many snarky comments on the train.  One too many indifferent souls marching along.  I had ridiculously smushed hat-head all day and my lips are chapped.  My TV screen was all static when I got home.  The snow turned to sleet.  I annoyed myself  by eating some pizza instead of the salad sitting in my fridge.    

Then my friend wrote me and asked what was up.  She called me Crankyface and that made me smile.  And she distracted me until I wasn't cranky anymore. 

Thanks, ladyface. 

1 comment:

  1. It's wintertime, so it's easy to get cranky. Picturesque as it may be, the earth is freezing itself to death all around you. We have adapted ways to survive in frozen environments, but you gotta figure that something way down deep knows that it's not quite natural to have to get up and move around and be productive like everything is great when there is a blizzard happening. i think the least you should be able to do is get a little cranky ;)
    --at least that's MY excuse.
    Love!

    ReplyDelete