Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Want To Know What Love Is

I heard this song today while shopping at Key Food. 

And then I remembered my mom standing at the kitchen counter in our red house on Second Street.  The radio was blasting, and she was singing this song.  Singing as loudly as anyone could sing, chin up, eyes closed, fully dedicated to the performance. 

Except her back was to the kitchen so she wasn't aware she had an audience.  Well, not until she turned slightly and noticed me standing there, hand over my mouth, practically falling over trying not to laugh. 

A jump and a scream...Tar-RAH!!!!  Oh, and the laughing!   

But who could blame her, really?  I found myself doing the same thing tonight while watching the video.  So here you go - crank it up, and I dare you not to sing along.  ; )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loWXMtjUZWM



2 comments:

  1. Taraaaaaaaaa!

    I stumbled onto this and glad I did!!! These blogs are wonderful. Mostly because as you know I practically lived in your house my entire childhood. I have such great memories of a carol & Bob Sr. your mama ALWAYS had a big hi Abby for me & your pops had THE BEST sense of humor!! Speaking of his class, I can tell you his stories are legendary. He made the nickname "P-Art" stick to Paul Wilmer when he found out Paul's middle name was Arthur!! Mr Schroeder (tennis coach and big golfer) just passed & I sent the family a note how he & Mr Kutsi were my fav's. Such nice men and liked by everyone.
    Thank you thank you thank you for R.E.M. erecting The Hoffs every Christmas. You are so talented, Tara (your namesake) & I love your cards!!
    How is the Fam? Lost track of Bob & Cindy. Jace & Tracy in B.E. I believe? Coby is elsewhere down south?
    I'm gonna have to dig up some old pics & send them to ya. Wish I had the one of you cruising through a whole box of popsicles when you were 2 or 3.... priceless.

    Hope all is well and you look fantastic BTW.

    Miss the ole days!

    Love,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy spell check

      R.E.M. erecting = remembering
      Ha

      Delete